What data do we collect?
Indian Red Cross Society collects the following data:
- personal details: Your given name(s), preferred name(s) or nickname(s), alias, and potentially your personal image should you physically visit our facility
- Contact details: Your address, telephone number, and email address
- Employment details: Your industry, role, business activities, names of current and former employers, work address, work telephone number, work email address, education information, and work‐related biographical information or social media profiles
- Characteristics: Characteristics of protected classifications under applicable law, such as race, color, national origin, sex, gender, disability, citizenship status, and military and veteran status
- Electronic Identifying data: Unique personal identifiers (such as IP addresses, cookies, activity logs, online identifiers, unique device identifiers, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology, and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements, and geolocation data
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Indian Red Cross Society with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data from a variety of sources:
- When you register online or place an order for any of our products or place an order for any of our products or services.
- When you voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- When you use or view our website via your web browser.
- When you provide it to us voluntarily when contacting us via email, by phone, or any other means.
- In the ordinary course of our relationship with you (e.g., where necessary to manage any interaction with us and without which we may not be able to comply with our obligations or respond adequately to a request you make).
Indian Red Cross Society may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Third parties who provide it to us (e.g., your employer or other third parties with whom you or any affiliated organization may be connected, such as one of our customers or suppliers).
- Publicly available sources.
- Online advertising companies.
How will we use your data?
Indian Red Cross Society collects your data so that we can:
- Process your service agreements and manage your account, provide customer service, process or fulfill orders and transactions, verify customer information, and process payments.
- Contact you by phone or email with information about other services we think you might like.
- Contact you by email regarding company news and events that we think you might be interested in.
- Market our products and Specifically, we may communicate with you via any means (including email, telephone, mail or in‐person). This may include, as appropriate: counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance; and short‐ term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
- Facilitate the operation of our Specifically, to provide content and interact with you through our websites, and to debug, identify and repair errors that impair existing and intended functionality.
- Ensure the physical security of our premises and other assets (including records of visits to our premises and CCTV recordings) and the electronic security of our operations (including log‐in records and access details).
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations under applicable law.
- Manage our career opportunities.
We do not provide your personal data to any third party for its own marketing purposes.
When Indian Red Cross Society processes some payments, it may send your data to, and use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
We store all data, including personal data, in secure environments. We provide training to our employees on data protection best practices and require them to enter into confidentiality agreements with us. Even though we use all reasonable efforts to protect your personal data, however, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information that is submitted to us online or otherwise.
You are responsible for ensuring that items of personal data that you send to us are sent securely.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, Indian Red Cross Society will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, as required to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting obligations, or as necessary to resolve any dispute or enforce any legal right. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider our statutory obligations, the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the reasons why we process your personal data, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means. Personal data that is no longer needed is either irreversibly anonymized (and the anonymized information will be retained) or securely destroyed.
Indian Red Cross Societywould like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing information, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop Indian Red Cross Society from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Indian Red Cross Society.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com
What are your data protection rights?
Indian Red Cross Society would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access ‐ You have the right to request copies of your personal data from Indian Red Cross Society. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification ‐ You have the right to request that Indian Red Cross Society correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Indian Red Cross Society to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure ‐ You have the right to request that Indian Red Cross Society erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing ‐ You have the right to request that Indian Red Cross Society restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing ‐ You have the right to object to Indian Red Cross Societys processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability ‐ You have the right to request that Indian Red Cross Society transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us: